Adding Client Value
Future Materials Group has a clear track record of delivering significant growth and measurable value to our clients. Our work is highly entrepreneurial; strengthening market positions, developing new products and services, engaging with new markets, validating opportunities, and building new competences and capabilities.
Recent Advisory Work
Sector: High Performance Reinforcements
Deal Type: Acquisition of Fabric Development Inc and Textile Products Inc
Value: $100 million USD
Future Materials Group was the exclusive advisor to Kordsa on this transaction (the company’s first in the advanced composites field), which will significantly strengthen both its global manufacturing presence and also its position in the United States, to become a leading player in the commercial aviation composite materials supply chain.
Sector: High Performance Plastics
Deal Type: Acquisition of Vaupell Holdings Inc.
Value: $265 million
Future Materials Group worked closely over several years with Sumitomo Bakelite Co. Ltd to define the company’s strategy for growth, and to deliver acquisition assistance through extensive target search and validation, and full commercial and technical due diligence.
Sector: Additive Manufacturing
Deal Type: Growth Capital Raise
Strategic Advisor to SLM Solutions owners: set the company’s growth strategy, and structured, sourced and negotiated a multi-million growth capital investment by DPE Deutsche Private Equity.
Other recent work includes:
- Business development planning and implementation for specialty chemicals companies entering into wind turbine market
- Creation and implementation of business plans including turnaround and investment sourcing for Advanced Materials and Cleantech SMEs.
- Executive and non-executive leadership for Advanced Materials and Cleantech companies embarking on significant change
- Major reviews of Advanced Materials markets plus strategy planning including M&A for multinational corporations.
- Cleantech business acquisition reviews and due diligence for private equity companies.
- Major IP litigation management.
- Technology review and innovation planning for Advanced Materials.